Inside Sales Support - Greater Cleveland Area
Chalfant Manufacturing Company of the OBO Bettermann Group, a manufacturer of components in the electrical industry, seeks an Inside Sales Representative – based at our office located in Brunswick, OH (with the plan to move to Avon, OH in 2020.) Reporting to the Inside Sales Manager, the Inside Sales Representative will work with our customers and our internal sales team, handling all aspects of customer service and inside sales from inquiry/quote to placement of order through shipment to the customer. The successful candidate will coordinate efforts with Manufacturing, Shipping and Logistics to ensure customer satisfaction and market growth.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Contact customers, distributors, and partner companies via phone calls, email, mailings, fax to communicate opportunities and to extend initiatives on behalf of the company.
- Conduct selling efforts. Provide sales quotations, order entry, answer phones and emails.
- Keep current on competitor’s part numbers. Ability to cross product to Chalfant
- Build internal relationships with marketing, manufacturing, logistics, including partner companies such as manufacturers’ representatives, and all other related departments to facilitate new programs, messages, campaigns and offerings.
- Keep customers (internal and external) informed and up to date on the status of all projects.
- Participate in client interactions to ensure cross-training, customer satisfaction and management involvement regularly. Ensure communications are frequent and bi-directional.
- Responds to requests from customers for information and provide solutions to challenges customer present.
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on changes and developments of ongoing projects
- Keeps Sales management informed of all activity
- Work with customers to decide the best solution of Chalfant products for their project/stock
- As necessary review customer drawings. Work with customer to redesign if necessary. Develop bill of material in order to create quote. Send quote to customer and follow up until PO is received.
- Review bid documents for specific products, review technical specifications, disseminate project details resulting in additional projects and opportunities.
- Follow up with customer until sale is complete and delivered. Troubleshoots issues with customers and functions as liaison with outside representatives.
- Willing to make initial AR calls to past due accounts and share collected information with the Accounts Receivable team
Education / Experience:
- Inside sales experience desired.
- Manufacturing background desired.
- Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Sage ERP software system a bonus
- Ability to build relationships with multiple outside sales representatives and distributors to ensure highest levels of customer service.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Effective Communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including excel, word, and outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively across all functional teams.
- Customer/Client Focus. Understands the requirements and challenges of the customer base (electrical distributors, electrical contractors, electrical engineers)
- Quick learner. Has the ability to acquire an understanding of Chalfant/OBO Bettermann product lines and parts
- CRM knowledge a plus
- Willingness to work 40-hour week, where office hours may start earlier or later than 8am
Ex: 7am – 4pm daily, 9am – 6pm daily as company needs
email your resume to [email protected]